For ADN Graduates with 2 or More Years of RN Experience
NOTE: The School offers the program when a cohort of 30 students are admitted. UHM Nursing will admit cohorts in cooperation with employers as requested.
The Executive RN to Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing program is for practicing RNs with two or more years of RN experience. The program complements the statewide nursing consortium curriculum offered to UH students. It is designed to provide progression to the baccalaureate for the experienced RN with an associate degree. The program builds upon initial nursing preparation with coursework to enhance professional development, prepare for a broader scope of practice, and provide an increased understanding of the cultural, economic, and social issues that affect the delivery of safe, quality patient care. 
The applicant must have a valid RN license in the United States and a minimum of 2 years work experience as an RN. Upon admission, students will receive a personalized transcript review of completed coursework. Students have the option to receive course credit by submitting a portfolio demonstrating achievement of the learning outcomes for either NURS 460/L or NURS 462/L. Program faculty guide the student in portfolio preparation.
The program is designed for learners who thrive in a setting with guided independent study, professional application of knowledge, and a collegial relationship with faculty and peer students. The program uses a blended delivery model of face to face classes once a month on Friday afternoon and Saturday with online courses. With the BS degree, the student is prepared to proceed to graduate education and pursue career development. American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2017). Fact Sheet: Degree completion programs for registered nurses: RN to master’s and RN to baccalaureate programs.
Bridget Lai, BSN ’14
Manager, Nursing Education at Hawaii Pacific Health Systems
- Outstanding faculty committed to advancing health care delivery.
- Prerequisite and nursing courses are offered using online, face to face, and blended formats.
- Accelerated program designed to be completed in an average time of 15 – 23 months.
- Individual academic advising and support is provided throughout the program.
Graduates of the Executive RN to Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing program are prepared to:
- advocate and provide high quality care to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society
- direct, supervise and collaborate with others to organize care
- advance the profession through lifelong learning, participate in professional organizations and practice in a confident, competent, compassionate and accountable manner
- develop culturally appropriate clinical knowledge by examining, processing and disseminating knowledge to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society.
Pre-Nursing and Pre-Dental Hygiene Advisor & Admissions Specialist
Contact for applicants to the high school direct entry program and bachelors of science program. Also, contact for enrolled students in the high school direct entry program.
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
University of Hawaii at Manoa
2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster Hall 201
Honolulu, HI 96822
Email: email@example.com (For Nursing)
firstname.lastname@example.org (For Dental Hygiene)