Fast Track Your PhD in Nursing Degree at UH Manoa
Now Accepting Students for Fall 2018
Deadline: March 1, 2018
UH Manoa Nursing is seeking candidates with an interest in research and desire to obtain the PhD degree at a nationally ranked nursing school on a Carnegie Classified high research campus.
• Full-time, on-campus 3 to 5 student cohort program designed to be completed in 3 years
• Individualized advising and guidance from faculty advisor
• Interdisciplinary graduate coursework that fosters team science and research collaboration
• Curriculum pathway available at www.nursing.hawaii.edu/graduate/phd/curriculum
• Classes start in August 2018; Projected graduation date of August 2021
• Students enroll in 9 to 12 credits per semester, including summers; 57 didactic credits plus 1 additional credit per semester for dissertation work until completed
Student Funding & Tuition
The funding offer may include full or partial support including:
• Graduate research assistantship that includes tuition support plus salary for part-time (.50 FTE/20 hours a week) work on research projects with school faculty
• Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Future of Nursing Scholars – a funded scholar program providing tuition, a graduate research assistantship, and professional development (www.futureofnursingscholars.org)
• School scholarships
How to Apply
• Deadline is March 1, 2018 but spaces may fill earlier due to rolling admission; apply as soon as possible
• Eligible students include those with a bachelor’s degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing or other health related field, or graduate entry program in nursing student from an accredited college or university
• International students are welcome to apply
• Holistic admissions process includes an interview for applicants who meet the minimum requirements.
• For details visit www.nursing.hawaii.edu/graduate/phd/howtoapply
To learn more about this great opportunity contact Dr. Maureen Shannon, PhD Program Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a call at (808) 956-3519.