skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Providing support to nursing students and advanced practice RNs enrolled at the UH SONDH Manoa through: cultural advising: student readiness skills seminars; academic tutoring; study group sessions; workshops & community service focused on cultural health issues.
- Working with the community and UH partnerships to strengthen clinical learning sites, scholarship, & employment opportunities.
- Advocacy for Native Hawaiian & Pacific Islander students in university endeavors that will improve workforce diversity and professional development.
- Developing an Ohana style of learning & mentoring with a study/computer lab & relevant reference materials to assist with the nursing curriculum at all educational levels.
- Recruitment efforts at the high school & community college level, individual appointments & student visits.
- Encouraging native students to feel accepted at UH Manoa School of Nursing by providing positive support for student empowerment and successful academic achievement.