August 2020 Admission
Applications Available: September 1, 2019
Deadline: January 5, 2020, 6:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time/11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
January 2021 Admission for Kapiolani Community College Graduates Only
Applications Available: January 5, 2020
Deadline: August 1, 2020, 6:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time/11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Sequence of courses for the January admitted students from Kapiolani Community College may differ from the curriculum posted online.
Two-Step Application Process
Application requirements are found in the online applications listed below.
Step 1 – Apply to UH Manoa Undergraduate Admissions
- Required for all new applicants and returning, transferring, and unclassified UH Manoa students.
- Fee: $70
- For your major choose Nursing
Step 2 – Apply to Nursing’s Centralized Application Service
- Required for ALL applicants
- Fee: $50
Completion of a UH Nursing Consortium ADN Program
Documentation of graduation from an associate degree Hawaii Statewide Nursing Consortium program (Maui College, Kauai Community College, and Kapiolani Community College) within the past 2 years. (All others may apply to the RN to BS program.)
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
Completion of Prerequisite UH Cross Listed Courses
UH community college students should see their advisor for more information regarding grandfathering of prerequisites and upcoming prerequisite changes.
- 1 FW course (e.g. ENG 100, ENG 190)
- 1 FS course (e.g. MATH 100, PHIL 110)
- 2 FG courses from different groups (e.g. HIST 151 and REL 150)
- 2 DA/H/L courses from different groups (e.g. ART 101 and ENG 270)
- 2 DS courses from different departments (e.g. PSY 100 and FAMR/HDFS 230)
- 1 DP course (e.g. CHEM 152, BIOC 241)
- 11 credits of Natural Sciences (e.g. PHYL 141/L, PHYL 142/L and MICR 130)
- PHRM 203 (General Pharmacology)
- Statistics (Social Science Statistics)
- NURS 363 (Introduction to Nursing Research)
Check the UH System Course Transfer Database and cross-reference their equivalent courses with the UH Manoa General Catalog for designations. Information on these requirements can be found in the UH Manoa General Catalog and UHM advising centers. Applicants should be aware that evaluations for program admissions are subject to official evaluations by the Manoa Office of Admissions.
English Language Proficiency
If an applicant’s native language is not English or has not obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an English speaking college, then the applicant must submit official Test of English a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores with a minimum score of 600.