|General Education, ADN and Elective Credits
Approximately 90 Credits
|General Education||UHM 2023-2024 General Catalog: Undergraduate General Education and UH Manoa Special Graduation Requirements
UHM 2023-2024 General Catalog: General Education Designations
|Associate Degree in Nursing and Electives|
|Upper Division Nursing Core Curriculum
|UH Manoa Nursing
|NURS 364 Principles of Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice (E) (4) *
NURS 451 Population Health Nursing (4) **
NURS 451L Population Health Nursing Lab (O, W) (3) **
NURS 452 Cultural Aspects of Health Management in Populations Indigenous to Hawaii, the Pacific, and Asia (H) (3)
NURS 453 Introduction to Genetics and Genomics for Nursing Practice (3)
NURS 460 Complex Nursing and Leadership (4) **
NURS 460L Complex Nursing and Leadership Lab (W) (6) **
Nursing or Healthcare Related Elective (3) ***
* UH Nursing Consortium graduates who completed N363 prior to the beginning of the fall 2021 semester will receive equivalent credit for NURS 364 and will only need to complete NURS 399 – 1 credit.
** Experiential Learning Portfolio credit option is available for either: NURS 451/NURS 451L or NURS 460/NURS 460L. Eligibility for portfolio credit option requires RN work experience, and documentation of required competencies.
*** Elective must be approved by the student advisor prior to registration.
At this time NAWSON is unable to offer out-of-state clinical experience to the RN-BS online program students. This is due to the varying state regulations and licensing requirements that can impact the clinical placement of nursing students who are enrolled in out-of-state educational institutions. Students who relocate to another state while enrolled in the RN-BS online will need to complete the clinical portion of their curriculum in the State of Hawaii as NAWSON is unable to accommodate clinical placement for students residing outside of this state.
- RN to BS nursing students enroll and register through the UH Manoa Outreach College. Tuition is charged per credit as illustrated in the table below. All students in this program will be charged resident tuition.
- The experiential portfolio is graded as pass or fail. The passing student is awarded the full credit for the course and the lab and will be charged a nominal processing fee. The student will not be charged tuition for the courses.
- The nursing student professional fee for the Online RN to BS program is waived.
- All tuition and fee charges at the University of Hawaii campuses and Outreach College are subject to change in accordance with requirements of State law and/or action by the Board of Regents or the University administration (official tuition schedules).
|Description||# of Nursing Credits||# of Credits Awarded for Portfolio||Total Credits||Tuition $471 Per Credit *||Tuition for Nursing Courses|
|Portfolio Credit in NURS 451/451L Population Health||23||7||30||$471||$10,833|
|Portfolio Credit in NURS 460/460L Complex Nursing and Leadership||20||10||30||$471||$9,420|
* UH Outreach College Undergraduate Rate for Academic Year 2023-2024, and 2024-2025. The tuition will increase to 2025-2026 at $480 Per Credit and 2026-2027 at $490 Per Credit.. Scholarships are available.