For Non-UH Consortium ADN Graduates with less than 2 Years of RN Experience
The RN to Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing program for associate degree nursing (ADN) graduates is a complement to the statewide continuing consortium nursing curriculum offered to UH students. The RN to Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing program is designed to provide an efficient bridge to the baccalaureate for the nurse with less than 2 years experience with an associate degree. The program builds upon initial nursing preparation with coursework to enhance professional development, prepare for a broader scope of practice, and provide an increased understanding of the cultural, economic, and social issues that affect the delivery of safe, quality patient care .
Students take courses online while balancing work and family responsibilities. The program provides access to students living on Maui and Kauai. With the BS degree, the student is prepared to proceed to graduate education and pursue career development. American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2017). Fact Sheet: Degree completion programs for registered nurses: RN to master’s and RN to baccalaureate programs.
- Outstanding faculty committed to advancing health care delivery
- Nursing courses are offered using online, face to face, and HITS formats
- Individual academic advising and support throughout the program
Gradutes of the RN to Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing program are prepared to:
- Advocate and provide high quality care to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society
- Direct, supervise and collaborate with others to organize care
- Advance the profession through lifelong learning, participate in professional organizations and practice in a confident, competent, compassionate and accountable manner
- Develop culturally appropriate clinical knowledge by examining, processing and disseminating knowledge to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society
Pre-Nursing and Pre-Dental Hygiene Advisor & Admissions Specialist
Contact for applicants to the high school direct entry program and bachelors of science program. Also, contact for enrolled students in the high school direct entry program.
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
University of Hawaii at Manoa
2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster Hall 201
Honolulu, HI 96822
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (For Nursing)
email@example.com (For Dental Hygiene)