Effective fall 2020 and until further notice, we are not accepting applications for admission to the PhD program.
The required foundational coursework for the PhD degree includes content and credits in the following areas.
- Philosophy (3 credits)
- Nursing disciplinary knowledge (3 credits)
- Research methods (19 credits)
- Coursework in: quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, big data analysis, community based participatory research, and a research practicum
- Statistics (12 credits)
- Coursework in: measurement, applied regression, multi variate analysis, and other statistical specialties applicable for the students scholarly inquiry
- Scholarship (9 credits)
- Coursework in: grant writing, dissemination and a dissertation proposal seminar
- Cognate (3 credits)
- Guided research practicum (8 credits)
- Dissertation (NURS 800) (1 credit minimum)
Each semester the student selects classes that fulfill the coursework requirements for the PhD program outlined above.