THSSC Mission Statement
The mission of the UH Translational Health Science Simulation Center is to improve health outcomes by providing programs which promote and enhance safe, quality healthcare through clinical competence, teamwork, and trans-disciplinary collaboration. The center supports bio-behavioral and translational research to add to the body of knowledge on simulation, practice, technology, quality and safety in the workplace.
Our vision is to be internationally recognized as the leaders of simulation-based learning, research, information, and technology in Hawai’i with outreach to Asia and the Pacific Basin.
Connect – Discover – Explore
- Serve as a resource for simulation based health education in the State of Hawaii and the Pacific Rim
- Provide a state-of-the-art facility for clinical simulation for students, educators and practicing health care providers
- Integrate innovative teaching strategies such as clinical simulation, informatics, and multi-media tools into curricula to support life-long learning for novice to expert health care practitioners
- Research the effectiveness of learning strategies to improve and enhance quality and safe patient care
- Promote inter-professional collaboration among health professionals
- Develop and disseminate clinical competency assessment data
- Facilitate health service research and use of new equipment/technology
- Generate and disseminate knowledge through presentations and publications
- Partner with academic and community sponsors to advance and sustain health science education and technology