The dental hygiene program at the University of Hawaii at Manoa is the only baccalaureate level program in the state. It offers the educational preparation required of dental hygienists to provide oral health care and education to the people of Hawaii, the continental U.S., and the Pacific-Asia region. Students majoring in dental hygiene can become licensed professionals who offer preventive, education, and therapeutic services for the control of oral diseases and the promotion of optimum oral health.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Dental Hygiene Degree Program
High School Direct Entry in Dental Hygiene
- For High School Graduates from the Class of 2023
- Fall (August) admission only
- This full-time cohort program admits high school graduates who will complete their Bachelor of Science in dental hygiene degree in four years. With direct entry into our program, a student’s academic path is secure.
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
- For Current UH Manoa, Transfer & Veteran Students
- Fall (August) admission
- This full-time program admits current UH Manoa, transfer and veteran students to the Bachelor of Science degree program following completion of prerequisite and the majority of general education courses.
Events for Prospective Students
Potential applicants to the program are highly encouraged to attend an open house event. Visit the event page for upcoming events.
Dental Hygiene Program Administrator & Instructor
Contact for applicants to the High School Direct Entry in Dental Hygiene (HS-DEDH) program and Bachelors of Science in dental hygiene program. Also, contact for enrolled dental hygiene students.
Department of Dental Hygiene
Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing
University of Hawaii at Manoa
2445 Campus Road, Hemenway Hall 200-B
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
Phone: (808) 956-8821
Fax: (808) 956-5707