Nursing Student Handbook
The Department of Nursing student handbook is updated annually. The student handbook contains important information including campus resources, academic information, key policies and procedures (i.e. grading policies & progression procedures), graduation information, and professional organization information. Students entering the nursing program use the handbook published on the year of admission throughout their nursing program.
- 2018-19 Undergraduate Nursing Program Student Handbook
- 2017-18 Undergraduate Nursing Program Student Handbook
- 2016-17 Undergraduate Nursing Program Student Handbook
- 2015-16 Undergraduate Nursing Program Student Handbook
- 2014-15 Undergraduate Nursing Program Student Handbook
- 2018-19 Graduate Nursing Programs Student Handbook
- 2017-18 Graduate Nursing Programs Student Handbook
- 2016-17 Graduate Nursing Programs Student Handbook
- 2015-16 Graduate Nursing Programs Student Handbook
- 2014-15 Graduate Nursing Programs Student Handbook
2008-2012 PhD Guides
The Department of Nursing PhD Guide contains important information regarding policies including academic progression for students admitted from 2006-2012. Students entering the PhD nursing program use the guide published the year that they are admitted.
Students entering the PhD program in 2014 or later refer to the Graduate Handbook (above) for information on program policies.
College-Level Exam Program Option
College-Level Exam Program (CLEP) exams are a viable option for satisfying course requirements of the Bachelor of Science in nursing programs. Applicants to and students of a SONDH undergraduate nursing program must consult with a SONDH Office of Students Services advisor regarding the use and limitations of non-graded course equivalencies to meet current graduation requirements. Students who successfully pass a CLEP exam will be awarded college credit toward a Bachelor of Science in nursing degree and, therefore, will not need to take the respective required coursework.
To schedule an appointment to discuss this option, please contact:
Pre-Nursing and Pre-Dental Hygiene Advisor & Admissions Specialist
Contact for applicants to the high school direct entry program and bachelors of science program.
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
University of Hawaii at Manoa
2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster Hall 201
Honolulu, HI 96822
Email: email@example.com (For Nursing)
firstname.lastname@example.org (For Dental Hygiene)