We are at the forefront of health professions education in Hawaii offering innovative programs in a multicultural setting enhanced by simulation technology and web-based education, with rich clinical experiences, cooperative internships, research projects, and interdisciplinary study opportunities. Join us on our journey to enhance the health of our community!
Moving Careers Forward
- SONDH enrolls students across the Bachelor of Science (BS) Master of Science (MS), DNP and PhD programs.
- U.S. News and World Report Magazine ranks UH Manoa Nursing among the best nursing schools in the nation and ranking consistently rise every year.
"In 2009, I joined the U.S. Navy and served our country for 6 years. I have always wanted to become a nurse and dream to reenlist as a Navy nurse to save lives. I received financial scholarship that supports my nursing academic journey, and it has truly made a huge difference for me. I am thankful for the benevolent hearts who help students like me become the best nurses we can be." - John Cary Nuez, Undergraduate Nursing Student Veteran, Class of 2019
SONDH is committed to offering education and academic progression for nurses with associate degrees, master’s entry into nursing for second career students, advanced practice specialization, and doctoral education. Unfortunately, due to national calls for educational reform in nursing and the effort to improve the delivery of health care, the demand for SONDH programs outstrips its ability to accept all qualified applicants.
As enrollment grows and tuition increases, so does the need for support for our students. Your gifts make a difference in the lives of our students, and help build the pipeline of qualified, culturally-sensitive healthcare providers for our future.
Contribute to any of the below funds by making a secure, tax-deductible gift online.
- School of Nursing Advancement Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of the Nursing Program at UH Manoa.
- School of Nursing Student Aid Fund: This fund provides scholarship and other student support for students accepted to the Nursing Program at UH Manoa.
- School of Nursing – Dental Hygiene Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of the Dental Hygiene Program at UH Manoa.
- SONDH Special Events Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of UH Manoa Nursing and Dental Hygiene special events.
- UH Manoa Nursing Alumni Association Scholarship Endowment: Support scholarship for students enrolled in the Nursing Program at UH Manoa.
- Hawaii Nursing Simulation Support Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of the UH Translational Health Science Simulation Center at UH Manoa Nursing.
- IKE AO PONO Program: This fund provides support and student scholarship for Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander students.
The UH Foundation
The UH Foundation is a private, non-profit, institutionally related corporation designated as a 501(c) (3) organization by the Internal Revenue Service. It is a legally separate entity from the University of Hawaii, the UH Alumni Association, and all other UH affiliates. However, the UH Foundation works closely with these organizations as well as with others in the community exclusively for the benefit of the University of Hawaii.
The Graduate Entry in Nursing Program (GEPN) Student Advisory Council (SAC) of Cohort 11 organized a community project to collect toiletries and supplies for Kapiolani Medical Center (KMC). GEPN SAC…
More than 900 families and friends gathered at the Hawaii Convention Center on May 12, 2019, to celebrate 95 fall 2018, spring 2019 and summer 2019 graduates from UHM Nursing…
The first students of the new Advanced Professional Certificate for Expanded Function Dental Hygiene (EFDH) in Pediatrics program graduated in May 2019. Registered dental hygienists Christen Coloma, Jessica Lozano and…