We are at the forefront of health professions education in Hawaii offering innovative programs in a multicultural setting enhanced by simulation technology and web-based education, with rich clinical experiences, cooperative internships, research projects, and interdisciplinary study opportunities. Join us on our journey to enhance the health of our community!
Moving Careers Forward
- SONDH enrolls students across the Bachelor of Science (BS) Master of Science (MS), DNP and PhD programs.
- U.S. News and World Report Magazine ranks UH Manoa Nursing among the best nursing schools in the nation and ranking consistently rise every year.
SONDH is committed to offering education and academic progression for nurses with associate degrees, master’s entry into nursing for second career students, advanced practice specialization, and doctoral education. Unfortunately, due to national calls for educational reform in nursing and the effort to improve the delivery of health care, the demand for SONDH programs outstrips its ability to accept all qualified applicants.
As enrollment grows and tuition increases, so does the need for support for our students. Your gifts make a difference in the lives of our students, and help build the pipeline of qualified, culturally-sensitive healthcare providers for our future.
Contribute to any of the below funds by making a secure, tax-deductible gift online.
- School of Nursing Advancement Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of the Nursing Program at UH Manoa.
- School of Nursing Student Aid Fund: This fund provides scholarship and other student support for students accepted to the Nursing Program at UH Manoa.
- School of Nursing – Dental Hygiene Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of the Dental Hygiene Program at UH Manoa.
- SONDH Special Events Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of UH Manoa Nursing and Dental Hygiene special events.
- UH Manoa Nursing Alumni Association Scholarship Endowment: Support scholarship for students enrolled in the Nursing Program at UH Manoa.
- Hawaii Nursing Simulation Support Fund: This fund provides general support and advancement of the UH Translational Health Science Simulation Center at UH Manoa Nursing.
- IKE AO PONO Program: This fund provides support and student scholarship for Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander students.
The UH Foundation
The UH Foundation is a private, non-profit, institutionally related corporation designated as a 501(c) (3) organization by the Internal Revenue Service. It is a legally separate entity from the University of Hawaii, the UH Alumni Association, and all other UH affiliates. However, the UH Foundation works closely with these organizations as well as with others in the community exclusively for the benefit of the University of Hawaii.
On Thursday, November 8, 2018 The UH Manoa Office of Veteran Student Services (OVSS) with the school hosted the 2018 Veterans Day Celebration at Hawaii Hall Lawn for UH Manoa…
The 2018 UH Manoa Nursing Dean’s Lecture “Nurse Staffing Matters and Why” was held on Thursday, November 8, 2018 at the Pacific Club. The distinguished speaker was Jack Needleman, PhD,…