Financial Aid

To be considered for financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). On the FAFSA, you should list the University of Hawaii at Manoa, code number 001610, as one of the schools to receive your information. You must complete the FAFSA online at

The priority deadline is February 1st of every year. The priority date is to ensure that you will be awarded financial aid and that this aid will be disbursed by the start of school. Financial Aid Services (FAS) must receive all you required documents by this date to complete your file. Your application will not be processed until your file is complete.

All financial aid awarded is based on eligibility and some aid may be based on availability of funds. Please visit the UH Financial Aid Services page for more information.

Tuition & Fees

GEPN & Graduate nursing students enroll through the UH Manoa Outreach College in Nursing 500 level courses or higher. Visit the Outreach College website to view the current tuition schedule for the Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing Courses numbered 500+. Tuition is charged per credit.

All tuition and fee charges at the University of Hawaii campuses are subject to change in accordance with requirements of State law and/or action by the Board of Regents or the University administration (official tuition schedules).

Western Region Graduate Program

UHM participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), a Student Access Program administered by the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE). The program enables legal residents of WICHE member states to enroll in selected out-of-state graduate programs at a reduced tuition of 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition.

GEPN and Graduate nursing students who meet WRGP requirements are eligible and must apply before enrolling. Visit the WRGP website for more details about eligibility and terms & conditions.

Native Hawaiian Exemption

The Native Hawaiian Exemption tuition status allows in-state tuition for Native Hawaiians whose domicile (or residency) is outside of Hawaii. More information is available on the non-resident tuition exemption page.

Paying Your Bill

The UH System Bursar’s Office manages billing, payments, and refunds for student tuition and fees. Please visit the Office of the Registrar’s Paying Your Bill page for more details.

Back To Top