|Online via Zoom Webinar
High school students and their parents are invited to learn about the UH Manoa High School Direct Entry in Nursing Program through an interactive online Zoom webinar. Dr. Alice Tse, Nursing Department Chair, Jennica Megan Baldonado Salazar and Miki Takushi, the NAWSON Pre-Nursing Advisors will provide a presentation about the program highlighting the benefits of being admitted directly from high school, the nursing curriculum, and application requirements. Participants will be able to submit questions to the Zoom Q&A box to be answered in the session.
Individual academic audits will not be available during this online session. For individualized questions, please schedule an advising appointment below.
In addition to the DEN pathway, students who are interested in the nursing program can enroll at UH Manoa as a pre-nursing student and apply in fall of their freshman year for admission to nursing via the Bachelor of Science in Nursing pathway. Informational sessions for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing pathway are offered every fall and spring. Dates and times will be posted to the events page.
April 4, 2022
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Online via Zoom Webinar
RSVP closed on April 1
Presentation handouts will be sent by email the day before the session.
- “What is Nursing?”
- Traditional Pathways to the RN
- UH Manoa’s High School Direct Entry in Nursing Program
- Application and Eligibility
- Benefits and Comparison
Persons with disability-related access needs are invited to contact Jennica Megan Baldonado Salazar or Miki Takushi for alternate arrangements.Notice: No such user found in the Directory.
Undergraduate Program Advisor
Contact for current students in the undergraduate nursing & dental hygiene programs.
- High School Direct Entry in Nursing students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Direct Entry in Dental Hygiene students: email@example.com
- Undergraduate nursing students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans to Nurses Program – Current nursing veteran students and students using VA education benefits: email@example.com
Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing
University of Hawaii at Manoa
2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster Hall 201
Honolulu, HI 96822
via Star Balance